To make a contribution, support the Museum's Annual Fund, or to join or renew your membership, visit the Northwestern University Alumni Relations & Development website.
Annual contributions are the life-blood of the Block Museum. They provide for essentials such as daily operations, exhibitions, educational programming and collections management (which includes cataloguing, storage and conservation).
Endowment opportunities provide funding in perpetuity for the Block Museum. This is a significant source of annual operating income. These opportunities start at $25,000 and are available to support the following:
- The Main Gallery, $1 million. At 3,600 square feet, it is the largest exhibition space in the building. The Main Gallery features natural light and movable walls that allow flexibility in the presentation of exhibits.
- The Lobby, $1 million. Filled with sunlight and graced by selections from the Museum’s sculpture collection, the lobby space welcomes and orients Museum visitors.
- The Library, $500,000. The library houses an extensive collection of books and periodicals directly relating to exhibitions, collections, research and art history.
- Art Acquisitions, to start at $25,000. Help establish the Block’s Art Acquisitions Endowment and grow the Museum’s permanent collection.
- Exhibition Underwriting. Opportunities are available to support exhibitions that investigate unexplored areas in art history and other fields.
- Conservation. Help preserve artworks in our permanent collection, including works on paper and objects from the Sculpture Garden.
- Education/Outreach. Assist programs for families, schools, and other groups in our community
- Block Cinema. Aid the maintenance of the technology needed for Cinema screenings. You can also fund specific film series, lectures and other film-related events.
- Research. Support exhibition preparation research by curators, faculty and students.
For more information about giving opportunities, please contact Helen Hilken, the Block Museum's director of development at email@example.com or 847.491.4178. Or visit the Northwestern University Office of Alumni Relations and Development website or call 800.222.5603.